Working with a range of clients from the late Gillan guitar legend Bernie Tormé, New Wave Of British Heavy Metal icon Thunderstick, Americana duo Duffy & Bird, singer-songwriter Ed Sykes, prog rock band Fine Soft Day and prog-folk act Dandelion Charm, Darren has a proven track record of providing professional but affordable media support.
- Securing album reviews, features, interviews and tour publicity in major national and international music magazines (including Classic Rock magazine, Prog magazine, Record Collector and Vive Le Rock in the UK ) as well as vast numbers of music websites around the world.
- Achieving airplay and interviews on many, many radio stations
- Helping arrange local press features in advance of live tour dates.
- Writing or redrafting artist biogs so that they tell the artist’s story in a way taht is readable and engaging.
- Building up an artist’s presence on social media.
Prior to working in music PR Darren had over twenty years campaigning and media experience working in full-time politics – including frequent media appearances and organising campaigns and publicity for the Green Party. That gave him a wealth of experience in managing successful campaigns and securing major media publicity on comparatively tiny budgets against major, much better resourced rivals.
Darren’s Music PR is part of Crowflies Communications which provides PR, communications and campaigns support: working for charities, small businesses, music & arts and the public sector. You can visit the Crowflies website here.